Brow Ink After Care
IMPORTANT! Prior to any contact with your cosmetic tattoo WASH YOUR HANDS!
- After care of cosmetic tattoo dictates over 50% of what your final outcome will be so PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS.
- Keep in mind some intensity of colour will be lost and/or the colour may heal unevenly. This is normal for some procedures, especially after the first application. This is the reason for the follow-up appointment; to fill any light areas, go a bit darker and/or adjust shape and/or colour, if desired.
- Sleeping slightly elevated can help ease the swelling during the first night after the procedure. Avoid sleeping on your face.
DO NOT TOUCH THE AREA! NO DIRECT WATER, ONLY DAB OFF FLUIDS!
Immediately after initial appointment you must begin to blot the freshly tattooed area with a dry paper towel soaking up any liquid (plasma) from the tattooed area. Continue until plasma fluid has subsided. Do not allow plasma to form a hard crust. This is very important for the first day.
Before you go to bed gently wash the tattooed area with lukewarm water and unscented soap, PATTING the area. DO NOT APPLY LOTION on Day 1. You may begin to apply a SMALL amount of After Inked lotion 2-4 days AFTER the initial appointment.
Gently wash the tattooed area with a small amount of unscented soap and lukewarm water PATTING the area. LIGHTLY TOUCH and DO NOT RUB. This is to be done once in the morning and again in the evening.
Keep your fresh tattoo out of direct shower/spray. Do not splash your face for 2 weeks. Use a facecloth or cotton pads moistened with clean warm water and avoid the tattooed area as you wash. It is very important to keep it clean and dry. Wash your hands prior to any contact with your tattoo.
Repeat after care of cosmetic tattoo as written above (Day 2 after care) and you may begin to apply a very thin layer of After Inked lotion directly onto the tattooed area as needed. DO NOT APPLY LARGE AMOUNTS OF LOTION. This will cause infection and create too much moisture for the ink to heal into the skin.
Recommended Lotion: After Inked or Lubriderm lotion.
Recommended Soap: Aveeno Sensitive Body Wash or Dial Unscented Antibacterial Soap
FOLLOWING PROPER AFTER CARE
THE “WHAT NOT TO DO” BELOW
WILL DETERMINE 80% OF YOUR FINAL OUTCOME!
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ EVERYTHING!!
BROW INK POLICY
Brow Ink does everything possible to reduce risks and put your safety first. Risk factors should be avoided and directions adhered to. All procedures are done with great care, detail and preparation. Results cannot be reliably predicted and will vary. We do not give refunds because we aim for your satisfaction. There are no written, verbal or implied guarantees if you do not follow proper after care cosmetic tattoo instructions and maintain good long term care.
AFTER CARE WHAT NOT TO DO’S!
- DO NOT TOUCH YOUR COSMETIC TATTOO WITHOUT WASHING YOUR HANDS FIRST!
- DON’T PICK OR PEEL YOUR SKIN AT ANY TIME!
- DO not allow the shower to spray directly on your face or soak your face underwater for 2 weeks.
- AVOID hot tubs or saunas for at least 2 weeks, 4 weeks for lips.
- NO EXERCISING or heavy sweating for 1 week after procedure. This includes all activities where you may sweat; hiking, running, the gym, or any physical activity where you may produce sweat.
- DO NOT APPLY MAKEUP to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks.
- DON’T bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for 1 month following procedure.
- DO not APPLY anti-acne products (Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, Pro-Active).
- DO NOT APPLY lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) to area while it is healing.
- DON’T USE anti-aging products or facial products containing ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS (AHAs), RETINA-A, LACTIC or GLYCOLIC ACIDS.
- DO not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the tattooed area while healing.
- DO NOT allow animals to lick or scratch the tattoo.
- STAY OUT OF THE SUN! KEEP PROTECTED AND CLEAN!
- NO PEELS, FACIALS OR ANY OF THAT FACE STUFF FOR 2 FULL WEEKS!
- TLC & AFTER CARE FOR COSMETIC TATTOO!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Total healing time for eyebrows and eyeliner is 8 weeks. Allow the FULL 8 weeks before seeing your final result.
- Total healing time for lips is 12 weeks. Allow the FULL 12 weeks before seeing your final result.
- Wearing sunglasses is a good way to protect healing eyeliner. No contact lenses for 5 days. For ALL procedures, no topical makeup for a minimum of 5 days and not on the tattooed area. NEW MASCARA TUBE ONCE EYELINER HEALED.
- DO NOT FREAK OUT ONCE YOUR SCABS COME OFF (USUALLY WEEK 1.5 to 2 WEEKS)! THE AREA WILL BE EXTREMELY FADED. DO NOT WORRY, THE INK IS STILL THERE.
- YOU MUST ALLOW YOUR TATTOO TO HEAL THE TOTAL HEALING TIME (AS WRITTEN ABOVE), BEFORE SEEING YOUR RESULT!!
The first 3 days drink through a straw, avoid spicy, salty, oily foods. DO NOT use toothpaste with bleach, peroxides, chemicals and or abrasives. These agents are not good for healing colour.
Day 1-2 – Swelling, tender, heavy thick bright lipstick appearance. You may experience discomfort in the lips
Day 3 – Less swelling, pigment appears as a thick texture and crusty. Peeling process may begin this day
Day 4 – Peeling begins or continues from the 3rd day. The pigment may peel all or most of the way. The lips have gone without moisture so will feel very chapped. Keep moist at all times with ointment provided.
Day 5 – Very chapped lips. You are almost finished with the chapping stage. (There are 2 during healing process.)
Day 6 – You will begin to see a soft version of the colour start to appear.
Day 7 – Lip colour may or may not disappear. The lips may appear ‘frosty’ or ‘milky’. There may be a grayish or whitish haze over the lips. This may continue for up to 13 days.
Day 14 – Colour begins to ‘bloom’ from within more and more each day. The lips are re-hydrating allowing the colour to show.
Day 30 – The healing process is primarily complete. The colour you see now can be considered your permanent lip colour.
Lips may remain dry up to 8 weeks or more, use a good lip balm and sunscreen and they will soon return to normal. 8-12 weeks of healing is required for touch-up. You may see changes in lip colour based on your body’s temperature. When your body is colder, you will see less colour. When your body is warmer you may see colour as brighter and more vibrant.
Day 1-3 – Your eyebrows are about 15-20% darker than what they will be once healed. They will also appear thicker than what was drawn on. This is due to oxidation and swelling, so don’t be overly concerned about this darker thicker appearance, because it is part of the healing process. You may also have redness that will subside in the next 48 hours. Start the ointment after 24 – 48 hours and don’t forget to blot off excess fluids.
Day 4 – The peeling begins. The darker outer colour will start peeling off revealing the softer, lighter colour. Keep it moist but don’t over do it.
Day 5-8 – Dark outer colour finishes peeling off. The colour is lighter and softer, and the brows themselves are a little thinner. The colour may have a grayish or ashy tone for a few days until the colour clarifies. It could appear that you are missing colour and have light areas at this time due to layers of dry skin over new pigment.
Give your eyebrows a full 3 weeks to heal and the colour to fully bloom. Do not use the ointment for longer than 10 days.
Day 1 – You will have anywhere from slight to heavy swelling. This depends on the histamines in each client’s body. You may have bruising or you may look like you have been crying or that you have allergies. The eyeliner will appear thicker and darker than what it will heal to. Do NOT use Visine or wear contact lenses for 5 days.
Day 2 – The morning of Day 2 is most likely when the swelling will peak. The area will feel tight and tender. The appearance will still be dark and thicker.
Day 3-4 – Less swelling. The eye tissue will feel tight and drawn. The peeling process begins. Start ointment in 48-72 hours. Some feeling of pinching and itching is quite normal. The ointment will help this feeling. Only use a thin light layer of ointment.
Day 5-7 – Darker outer colour continues to flake off and we see a thinner softer eyeliner. Colour may look hazy or ashy until the colour clarifies.
- Once completely healed apply a strong sunscreen whenever you are out in direct sun. Exposure to sun will fade your tattoo.
- Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, chemical peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area.
- Eyeliner Tattoos – Wait 8 weeks before putting on LASH EXTENSIONS, or using Latisse, Eye Envy or like products.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo is healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten or discolour tattoo area.
- When completely healed, any changes or additions can be done at your follow up appointment if needed.
- Lastly – RELAX! It’s a tattoo and will lighten, soften and heal in a matter of days!